There are many courses on business leadership which are specific to the challenges of leading and managing a company. The focus of this course is wider and deeper. It examines the characteristics common to leaders in business, politics, civil society, science, arts, professions and education and consider the extent to which and methods by which these characteristics can be consciously developed by individuals.
Lecture topics could include
• Understanding and tuning in to evolving social needs and values
• Character and personality traits of effective leaders
• Mental dimensions of leadership – leaders’ capacity to think differently
• Social construction of knowledge
• Transition from personal to impersonal (organizational) leadership
• Building and energizing an organization for continuous growth and development
• Leadership values
• Converting challenges into opportunities
• Leadership skills to communicate, instruct, manage and motivate people
• Development of second level leadership – institutionalizing capacities and delegating authority
• Developing network relationships and partnerships
• Becoming a leader
• Leadership and growth of personality
• Innovation and Creativity – leadership as Individuality
Participating organizations: World Academy of Art & Science, World University Consortium, Person-Centered Research Institute,Dag Hammarskjold University College and The Mother's Service Society (India).
The course explores the characteristics common to leaders in business, politics, civil society, science, arts, professions and education and examines methods by which these characteristics can be consciously developed by individuals. The presentations will consist of theory, practical strategies, and a wide range of examples drawn from biography, history, management, literature, and video clips from movies illustrating the principles under discussion. Apart from the presentations, our distinguished team of 12 international faculty look forward to interacting with participants to bring home the theoretical significance and practical relevance of the material.
The live sessions will be conducted at IUC in Dubrovnik, Croatia.
Participants will be eligible for 2.5 units of ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) credit, issued by Dag Hammarskjöld University College. The webinar will be broadcast simultaneously.Webinar Participants will be eligible for a certificate of completion without ECTS credit.
If you are attending the course at Dubrovnik,Croatia, you will be issued a Certificate of Completion by IUC. In addition, you may be eligible for a Certificate with or without ECTS credits issued by Dag Hammarskjöld University College.
A registration fee of 100 euros is payable for live attendees at IUC. There is a fee of 25 euros for those seeking completion certificates
and participating by webinar. There is no fee for others attending the course by webinar who do not require a completion certificate.
To register and get the latest information on the course, please go to this site.