The Dubrovnik International ESEE Mining School brings together international experts in the field of mining in the heart of the ESEE Region. Within the thematic workshops and project work the focus lies on direct knowledge transfer from renowned experts to the participants, but also the creation of an open dialogue between graduate students, scholars, researchers, the industry and the wider society.
Under the 2017 topic Zero waste management DIM ESEE will deal with:
(1) recycling in general – including legislation aspects, methods for recycling of mining and industry waste, selected good practices on steel slag; applications in building sector;
(2) large-scale landfilling of industrial, mining, and municipal waste across the region, and its use in construction;
(3) reclamation of contaminated areas, polluted by past industrial and mining activities;
(4) demonstration of sustainable additional purifying of water from small wastewater treatment plant;
(5) enhancing a circular economy through industrial symbiosis by demonstration on selected cases how to use big data mining and decision tools on one hand and demonstrating possible innovative processes and services, that enable product and material reuse, recycling, and recovery on the other hand;
(6) environmental impact and benefits of recycling waste –using Life Cycle Assessment tools.
More information and registration on web page of the school.