This series of workshops, initially aimed at shape-phase transitions and critical point phenomena in nuclei started in Berkeley in 2004 and continued in Camerino (2005), Athens (2006), Sofia (2007), Istanbul (2009), Darmstadt (2012), Seville (2014), Prague (2016) and Padova (2018).
It is our purpose to foster an informative and exciting workshop and keep the informal spirit of lively discussions that represents the true success of these meetings. The sessions will be coordinated by Conveners, that will give general overview, and invite talks and contributions on the following topics:
• Experimental signatures & data
• Quantum phase transitions in nuclei and related systems
• Shapes and symmetries in nuclei
• Transitional nuclei & shape coexistence
• Shell evolution and microscopic approaches
• Excited states quantum phase transitions
• Phase transitions in atomic, molecular and other domains
The initial focus will progressively be broadened to include other, closely connected, topics such as excited state quantum phase transitions, shape-coexistence, shell evolution, phase transitions in atoms and molecules and other domains of quantum physics.