Inter-University Centre support
This grant consists of funds from Inter-University Foundation, established by Prof. Kathy Wilkes and Prof. Bill Newton Smith from Oxford and from University of Bergen anniversary gift to the IUC, presented by Prof. Sigmund Grønmo.
All funds will be used for educational purposes, i.e. for scholarships.
Any additional contribution to this fund is more than welcome. Please contact the IUC Secretariat.
SCHOLARSHIP REGULATIONS FOR THE IUC SCHOLARSHIP
1. Scholarships can be granted to the participants of a certain number of post-graduate courses in the field of humanities and social sciences, chosen from the IUC annual programme.
2. A person can only receive one scholarship in a calendar year.
3. Only one scholarship can be awarded per course.
4. Scholarships are granted to participants from Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijani, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Egypt, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Libya, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Republic of Georgia, Serbia, Tunisia and Ukraine.
5. Candidates must be PhD students or young faculty members in the field of humanities and social sciences below the age of 40.
6. Evaluation board may invite a candidate to a short Skype interview.
7. In case more applicants with similar credentials apply for the same programme, the preference will be given to the candidate from N African countries.
8. Scholarships cover costs of half board accommodation in Dubrovnik, mostly in the dormitory or the monastery accommodation. The IUC Secretariat does reservations and direct payments of these services. Exceptionally, a limited number of participants from Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijani, Belarus, Egypt, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Libya, Macedonia, Moldova, Republic of Georgia, Tunisia and Ukraine can receive a partial compensation of travel expenses and the expenses of visa, if necessary.
9. Candidates are submitting their applications for scholarships on a special form to the IUC Secretariat at least one month before the start of a respected course.
To download the application form please go to this link.